> high school upgrading > home
Grade 12 Exams
All students registered in Biology 30, Chemistry 30, English Language Arts 30-1, English Language Arts 30-2, Mathematics 30-1, Mathematics 30-2, Physics 30, Science 30, Social Studies 30-1 and Social Studies 30-2 are required to write a Diploma Exam in order to receive credits and a final mark.
- Diploma Exam Preparation courses are offered to help you prepare for Provincial Diploma Exams.
- Diploma Exam Administration (Alberta Education) provides up-to-date information related to Diploma Exams.
- myPass.alberta.ca (Alberta Education) is a self-service website for Alberta high school students to view and print diploma exam results, register to write a diploma exam, order high school transcripts, and more.
- Quick Facts for Students and Parents/Guardians (PDF - Alberta Education) to inform you on when exams are administered, results shared, and how personal information is collected.
- Rules for Students (Alberta Education) - all students writing Diploma Exams are required to review the Diploma Exam Rules as set forth by Alberta Education.
Special Accommodations / Extra Time
Students applying for Accommodations for Diploma Exams should visit Student Services to complete the application process. Late applications & logs may result in accommodations being denied.
August 2017 Diploma Exams
All students who are registered in a diploma course ending July 2017 at Chinook, and who are writing the Diploma Exam for the first time (except for international students), will automatically receive a seat at Viscount Bennett Centre. If you are rewriting or have been previously registered to write, advance registration is required. Rewriters and non-funded (international) students are also required to pay at time of registration. You must register with Alberta Education by the deadline to be assigned a seat at Chinook and have an exam sent to the school.
- myPass.alberta.ca (Alberta Education) for diploma exam registration and payment
Registration opens: May 24, 2017
Registration deadline: July 4, 2017
- Diploma Rewrite Fees are not included in course fees. All students rewriting a Diploma Exam, whether they are in a current class or not, must register online for each exam. Students who do not register and pay the Diploma Rewrite Fee will not have a seat assigned and will not have an exam available to write.
- New - August 2017 Diploma Exam Schedule (student accounts are disabled from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Part A Diploma Exams days)
- Please re-confirm your registration status and diploma schedule in myPass.alberta.ca (Alberta Education) prior to the start of exams. Contact Student Services if you additional questions/concerns.