> employment opportunities > about / contact > home
High School Upgrading / Summer School Teaching Positions
Changes to Programming & Site Locations for 2018-19
Starting in the 2018-19 school year, Chinook Learning Services will be moving out of its current locations and changing the scope of programs offered to Calgary students. Visit the Calgary Board of Education website for more information:
We Are Hiring - Apply Today
Chinook Learning Services offers flexible, part-time teaching assignments of academic subjects.
Available Teaching Assignments
- Daytimes or evenings, Monday to Thursday
- Two evenings and a Saturday morning for three months
- Morning classes in July
- Semester-by-semester contracts
- Diploma examination supervision in November, January, April, June, or August
The profile of our teachers is varied, they are:
- Parents who wish to teach in the morning, afternoon, or evenings only
- Teachers who wish to keep their high school subject expertise current by teaching evening classes
- Retired teachers who wish to remain connected with youth and commit to convenient times
- Professionals who tutor and contract work independently
- Full-time teachers who teach evening classes in a semester or during summer school
Did You Know that Chinook Learning Services . . .
- Is one of largest supplier of post-secondary students in Calgary?
- Offers a large number of diploma subject classes?
- Is the largest diploma examination center in Alberta?
- Has a daytime population made up of two-thirds 18 and 19 year olds and one-third adults over twenty years?
- Has 4,000 course registrations each semester and during summer school?
- Has students concurrently registered at the University of Calgary, SAIT Polytechnic, Mount Royal University and other institutions?